Sunday 30 October 2022

AN IMPORTANT MESSAGE FROM THE COLD END

A very Good Evening everyone,

I have made the very difficult decision to close THE COLD END today as it's no longer viable in my eyes to continue to write articles, photograph and film games for a few reasons. 

I only get a handful of reads/visits for each article. I know I shouldn't be concerned about "numbers of readers" and to just write about what I enjoy but I can't carry on dedicating hours and hours of my life to researching, writing, photographing and filming games that only a small amount of people are interested in. 

Yesterday just 143 people clicked on the blog/website to read stuff which I thank each and every one of you for doing so but the number of readers for the recent articles I have written has been 44, 15, 14, 16 and 20. I keep thinking to myself "What's the point?" - I know I shouldn't think like this but I can't help it.  

I love filming games and putting the highlights on twitter, but I can't justify the money it costs to get into games (sometimes two or three a week) coupled with travel expenses and the hours and hours it sometimes takes to edit them. 

Since I started the blog/website in 2009 the world of social media has grown exponentially with people seemingly more interested in the bite size media of Tik-Tok, Twitter and Instagram. 

You will know there are many people making a decent living from social media which I say good luck to them! I am NOT one of these people as I have never advertised or taken any sort of financial gain from the blog/website or my twitter account @thecoldend. 

I have always done this for the love of the game to promote non-league and grass roots football. 

I think THE COLD END is one of the longest running non-league websites going but all good things must come to an end I suppose. 

All the articles will stay on here (forever I hope!!) for people to read and hopefully enjoy over the coming years. 

I will keep the twitter account @thecoldend open but have to say I will keep the number of tweets down to a minimal amount. 

Regards and Thanks for the memories 

THE COLD END 

No comments:

Post a Comment