Less than a month ago on Saturday 2nd November they visited Belstone's Medburn Ground and ended up on the wrong end of a 12-0 hammering from the home team whom are currently in second place in the Hertfordshire Senior County League Premier Division.
Since then Belstone have won 3-2 at Bushey Sports Club and beat The 61 FC 3-1 in the Anagram Records Trophy last weekend. They have only lost once in ten league games so far which was 4-5 against Bush Hill Rangers.
Knebworth have lost narrowly to Letchworth Garden City Eagles 3-4, drawn with Cuffley 2-2 and last weekend lost at third placed Standon and Puckeridge 5-1. They are also on the lookout for a new manager following the recent departure of Chris Benton.
The following is taken from knebworthfc.intheteam.com and details the information on the current first team vacancy. It shows what a busy job managers have even at this level of football.
Knebworth FC is seeking management for their First team, which plays in the Premier Division of the Herts Senior County League, sponsored by HertSavers.
The management team will have the following experience and capabilities:
- previous management experience in adult football;
- at least one FA Level 2 qualified coach;
- experience of local adult leagues, whether in management or playing.
Responsibilities of the management team will include:
- day-to-day management of First team affairs, delegating tasks as appropriate;
- liaison with the Fixtures Officer, Membership Officer and Programme Editor.
- decide team selections for First and Reserve teams in discussion with Reserve team management;
- notifying players of fixtures and confirm their availability;
- coordinating or delegating match day administration such as completing team sheets;
- ensuring the correct kit and equipment is maintained and present for match days and training sessions;
- manage fixtures, upholding the club's ethos of fair play and respect;
- lead club training sessions for all players;
- represent the senior football teams at monthly committee meetings;
- support club activities such as fund raising and social events.
- 1-2 hours for midweek training during the season;
- 3-4 hours for midweek training during pre-season;
- approximately 4 hours for fixtures, usually on Saturday afternoons.
This is a voluntary position.
You can contact the Stuart Biddle at the club at - firstname.lastname@example.org or call him on 07974938651 for more information on the management positition.