Monday 7 February 2022

JACK METCALFE LEAVES LONDON COLNEY FC

Jack Metcalfe has today released the following statement on social media regarding his position as London Colney Manager. 

"I have today been told via email from London Colney FC that I have been released from my duties as first team manager, I am shocked, but I suppose that is football. I could write a book about things that have gone on this season, but that will stay internal. I’ve loved every minute of being in the job although it’s taken up all my time, the boys have been brilliant and given me everything to try and secure the clubs step five status after this season as that was the remit, I wish them all the best as they 100% deserve better. I would like to thank Jason Coughlan who although left a couple weeks ago (knew i should’ve listened) but we did some great work in the time together and no doubt will team up again in the future. The Sherm (Physio) & Joe Reynolds also, we’re fantastic. Finally Ken Charlery, for always being on the phone for support. I’ve loved my time at the club as a manager and a player. It’s a shame it’s ended like this, but my mum always said, when one door closes another one opens and I’m looking forward to future opportunities" 

He leaves The Blueboys 7 points above the drop zone after 26 league games played this season. London Colney's next two games are against Oxhey Jets away in the league on Saturday and at home in the Dudley Lathom Premier Division Cup next Tuesday. 

What has been great to see is the number of replies Jack has had from many people in the local non-league game stating he has done a fantastic job at Cotlandswick. I'm sure he'll be in the dugout with another club very soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment