IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL IN THE LONDON AREA THIS SATURDAYSENIOR DIVISION ONE
On the face of it for people not in the know it appears as though Wadham Lodge's surprise defeat at bottom side Benfleet yesterday evening has all but mathematically ended their title aspirations but it hasn't....sort of.....it's all a little confusing! Thanks to the font of Essex football knowledge Dan Wilson @EssexFootie (he's well worth a follow on Twitter) for letting me know that the EOFL positions are not worked out on a goal difference but on the team's respective head-2-head records (wins, draws and defeats) and if these are level it then goes to goals scored.
So therefore, Wadham still need at least a point to move up into the second promotion place ahead of Newbury Forest as they lost both games to them.
When Wadham travelled to Swifts on Saturday 1st December they lost 2-1 so they will need to win on Saturday to have any chance of the title as after the head-2-heads it goes to total goal scored. When I say "any chance" on paper it's no chance at all as Swifts have scored 69 with Wadham needing to win by 29 goals as they currently have only scored 41!
For bottom side Benfleet it was only their second win in thirteen league games in this calendar year of 2013. They now travel to Runwell Hospital on Saturday in what has become an exciting "relegation play off" match as 11th plays 12th place in the final game of the season.
With the head-2-head this is where it get's confusing here too?
1) A win for either side would see the other relegated along with Ongar Town.
2) A draw would put them both level on 23 points with Galleywood.
* Galleywood's results against Runwell were two wins and Benfleet a win and a draw which means they are safe.
* Runwell beat Benfleet when they met on Saturday 29th September 2012 so that would mean Benfleet go down. So putting it simply Benfleet must win but Runwell can draw!
3) Ongar Town are confirmed as relegated as either Benfleet or Runwell will move above them with the game still to be played.
PROKIT UK EOFL DIVISION ONE - CURRENT TABLE
|1.||BISHOPS STORTFORD SWIFTS||21||15||0||6||+30||45|
|Above - Runwell face Benfleet in a match which will see one of the team's relegated.|
In the Premier Division Frenford Senior retain the title with one game left to play after losing only one of twenty-five games. They have a better head-2-head record over Kelvedon (w 0-1 away and drew 0-0 at home).
The only other fixture sees Southminster St Leonards host Rayleigh Town. Southminster have impressively finished in a highly respectable 3rd place after promotion from Division One last season. Rayleigh Town are eight points behind in fourth place.
PROKIT UK EOFL PREMIER DIVISION CURRENT TABLE - TOP TWO ONLY
RESERVE DIVISION ONE
In Reserve Division One the final game sees Debden Sports Res host Harold Wood Athletic Res where an away win would crown Athletic champions.
SATURDAY'S LOCAL FOOTBALL FIXTURES
PRO-KIT ESSEX OLYMPIAN LEAGUE
FRENFORD SENIOR v HANNAKINS FARM
SOUTHMINSTER ST LEONARDS v RAYLEIGH TOWN
SENIOR DIVISION ONE
RUNWELL HOSPITAL v BENFLEET
WADHAM LODGE v BISHOPS STORTFORD SWIFTS
SENIOR DIVISION THREE
BASILDON TOWN v STAMBRIDGE UNITED
CHINGFORD ATHLETC v TOBY
RESERVE DIVISION ONE
DEBDEN SPORTS RES v HAROLD WOOD ATHLETIC RES
RESERVE DIVISION TWO
RUNWELL HOSPITAL RES v GALLEYWOOD RES
SOUTHMINSTER ST LEONARDS RES v WHITE ENSIGN RES *
* This game kicks off at 4.15pm after the first team game which kicks off at 2.30pm. A chance to squeeze in two games for all you ground-hoppers out there.
MIDDLESEX COUNTY LEAGUE
HILLINGDON v NORTH KENSINGTON
KODAK (HARROW) v INTERWOOD
SLOANE v FC ASSYRIA
DIVISION ONE (CENTRAL AND EAST)
ST LAWRENCE V SUPREME ATHLETIC
DIVISION ONE (WEST)
WEST LONDON SARACENS v KENSINGTON DRAGONS
HILLINGDON RES V BROADFIELDS UNITED RES*
* This game kicks off at 1pm with the first team game at 3pm. Another chance of a double game.