After three games played Tranmere Rovers are the only side left with a 100% winning record - they were 6/1 second favourites for the title in June prior to the start of the season but due to their good start they have been trimmed in to 11/4 favourites*.
Who would of thought that Tranmere's away game at Boreham Wood on Tuesday evening would of been 1st v 2nd in the table? The Hertfordshire side have also made a great start winning two and drawing one of their three games - they are placed above Solihull Moors on goal difference - The Moors who were winner's of the Vanarama North division of 15/16 have adjusted to life at Step One with seemingly no problems whatsoever.
(* via bet365.com)
- Of all the games played so far only two have ended 0-0. North Ferriby United v Braintree Town and Wrexham v Dover Athletic both on the opening day of the season.
- Bromley are the only side yet to score a goal - Will they get off the mark in their home game versus Aldershot Town tomorrow evening?
- Matt Rhead (Lincoln City) and James Norwood (Tranmere Rovers) are top of the early scoring charts scoring four each. Rhead scored twenty last season and Norwood scored nineteen. Norwood is 11/2 to be first goal scorer in Rover's match at Tranmere Rovers and 2/1 to score at any time. Rhead is 7/2 to score first in Lincoln's game at Dagenham on Tuesday evening and evens to score at any time.
- Lincoln City are top scorers with ten goals so far - 60% of those came in their 6-1 victory over North Ferriby United.
- North Ferriby United have the worst defensive record letting in eight goals. Aside from their 0-0 opening day draw and the 1-6 loss at Lincol they lost 0-2 at Dover Athletic on Saturday. They face another side who have struggled in the opening games on Tuesday evening - Guiseley are one of two clubs with a 100% losing record with Bromley being the other.
- Here is a comparison of the odds that were offered for the title in June and what they are now for the top four in the betting:
FOREST GREEN ROVERS was 5/1 now 11/2
TRANMERE ROVERS was 6/1 now 11/4
EASTLEIGH was 7/1 now 7/1
WREXHAM was 10/1 now 16/1
- All Enfield Town fans will be looking at the Dagenham and Redbridge teamsheet for Tuesday evening as Corey Whitely maybe involved and make his National League debut in the game at home to Lincoln City.
FIXTURES FOR TUESDAY 16th AUGUST
Barrow v Chester
Boreham Wood v Tranmere Rovers
Bromley v Aldershot Town
Dagenham & Redbridge v Lincoln City
Eastleigh v Dover Athletic
Gateshead v York City
Macclesfield Town v Southport
Maidstone United v Braintree Town
North Ferriby United v Guiseley
Sutton United v Torquay United
Woking v Forest Green Rovers
Wrexham v Solihull Moors