Sunday, 8 November 2015
NON-LEAGUE NUMBERS - RYMAN PREMIER SPECIAL
* VCD Athletic and Lewes have a total of 0.32 and 0.36 points per game (ppg) so far. To get to 50 points (which is the average total of the twentieth placed team over past two seasons) they would need to up this substantially to 1.63 and 1.50 ppg in their remaining 27 games. This is a very tough ask considering current table topper's Dulwich Hamlet have ppg total of 1.95.
* Sixteenth placed Enfield Town have a ppg total of 1.41 so far which is below the 1.72 ppg average for the fifth placed team (the final play off spot) over the previous two seasons. In their last six games they have achieved a total of 2.17 ppg - If they keep this up they will be there or thereabouts when it matters at the business end of the season.
* NO DRAWS - Both Farnborough (14 games) and Brentwood Town (17) are the only sides not to have drawn a league game so far.
* Hampton and Richmond Borough have drawn 35% (7 out of 20) of their games beaten only (just!) by East Thurrock United who have drawn 35.29% of their games (6 out of 17). Both games played between The Rocks and The Beavers have ended 2-1. Hampton won 2-1 at home on Saturday 15th August and East Thurrock won 2-1 yesterdat at Rookery Hill.
* Tonbridge Angels have the tightest defence letting in average of just 0.73 goals per game. In only three of their league games have they let in 2 or more goals. Needham Market have been involved in two of those in a 3-3 in August and yesterday when The Marketmen won 2-1. The Angels have impressive total of nine clean sheets in the fifteen league games they have played.
* VCD Athletic and Lewes are the only sides without a win in the last six league games played. Hendon and Farnborough only have one win in their last six both of which came against bottom side VCD Athletic.
* Dulwich Hamlet and Bognor Regis Town are the top scorers on current form - They have scored an average of 2.67 per game over the last six game.
* Farnborough have the worst defence on current form - They have let in an average of 3.17 goals per game in the last six played.
* Farnborough have lost all seven of their away games played. VCD Athletic and Needham Market also still await a win on their travels.
* Lewes and VCD Athletic are still to win at home. Every other side has won at least twice on their own patch.
* 23 of the 30 goals Brentwood Town have conceded have been away from home.