Sunday, 21 July 2013


AFC HORNCHURCH travelled down to Conference South Dover Athletic and conceded a goal in the second minute. The game stayed that score with Athletic hitting the post and substitute Martin Tuhoy having The Urchin's best chance. New signings Carl Rook (recently returned to Bridge Avenue from Whitstable Town) and George Purcell (finished last season with Margate) started up front for Jimmy McFarlane's side. Also included was attacking left back Derek Duncan who has joined for Conference South side Maidenhead United.

CANVEY ISLAND welcomed local rival's Concord Rangers to The Prospects Stadium and an impressive crowd of 510 witnessed the Conference South side win 0-4. Steve King, Gary Ogilvie, Danny Glozier (pen) and Jacob Cleaver scored the goals for Rangers.  Canvey had a another decent crowd of 705 on Monday 15th July when they drew 2-2 with a Millwall XI. Jay Curran and Ty Smith scored their goals in this match. Central Midfielder Smith is a new signing who has spent the last few seasons with the Metropolitan Police.

CARSHALTON ATHLETIC, DULWICH HAMLET and KINGSTONIAN were involved in a four team tournament over Saturday and Sunday at Corinthian Casuals. The K's lifted The Geoff Martin Memorial Trophy with a comfortable 4-0 win over Hamlet this afternoon. Andre McCollin got one goal with a Alex McClean bagging a hat-trick in the opening half an hour. This followed up their 3-1 win versus Casuals on Saturday. Hamlet had beaten Carshalton 3-1 on Saturday with The Robins beating the hosts 1-2 today.

The K's played a Tottenham Hotspur XI at Kingsmeadow on Thursday night going down 0-4 to goals from Kenny McEvoy, Jon Obika, Simon Dawkins and Crisitan Ceballos. A decent crowd of 654 saw this one.

CRAY WANDERERS played Kent League side Phoenix Sports and drew 1-1.

EAST THURROCK UNITED travelled to Ryman North side Witham Town and came away with a decent 1-3 win.

ENFIELD TOWN won 1-2 at Calor Gas Southern League Premier Division side Biggleswade Town through goals from Adam Wallace and Mark Kirby. Town's starting XI included trialist's Ismanuel Kadima, Daniel Da Silva and Dean Green. On the bench they included Jommata de Jesus, Jermaine Osei and Kabir Jeeto.

GRAYS ATHLETIC won 10-0 for the second time in four days! On Wednesday they beat Essex Olympian side Harold Hill and yesterday they won by the same score line against a team representing the 3rd Para's in a Help the Heroes charity game. The half time score was 8-0.

HAMPTON AND RICHMOND BOROUGH welcomed the current Ryman Premier Division champion's Whitehawk to The Beveree. The Hawks won 0-2 and now look like they will do really well in the Conference South this season. They have just announced the loan signing of Portuguese under 19 international Edinho Junior from Blackburn Rovers. He joined Rovers last season for an undisclosed fee and played twice last season. He will spend the first month of the season with The Hawks. They are currently now best priced 14/1 for the title after being 28/1 a few weeks ago.

HARROW BOROUGH won 1-3 for the second time in two days. On Thursday they won at North Greenford United and yesterday they won at Thatcham Town. Simeon Akinola, who impressed many people last season, has been in good form scoring twice on Thursday and hitting the post yesterday. Vences Bola and Ronnel Dennis (2) scored yesterday's goals. TheColdEnd predicts Akinola will be amongst the top ten of the league's most prolific scorers this forthcoming season.

HENDON travelled to Cheshunt and included ex Premier League defender Michael Dubbery in their side who completed another 45 minutes for The Greens. Goal scorers were Anthony Thomas and a late winner from Dave Diedhiou

LEISTON continued their impressive pre-season form with a third win in three with a 0-4 win at Haverhill Rovers.

LEWES travelled to Sussex league side Hassocks FC. The game finished 1-1. The Rooks are expecting a decent crowd this Tuesday night when Brighton and HA send a team the short distance to The Dripping Pan.

LOWESTOFT TOWN welcomed (the town's other side) Kirkley and Pakefield and ran out 4-1 winners. Rob Eagle (2), Scott Mitchell and Chris Henderson netted for The Trawler Boys.

MAIDSTONE UNITED, another side expected to do well this season, recorded a really impressive 3-0 victory over Conference South Ebbsfleet United who fielded a strong side at The Gallagher Stadium. Frannie Collin (two penalties) and Rory Hill scored for The Stones.

MARGATE welcomed Conference Premier Welling United to Hartsdown Park and it ended 0-0. The Gate included new signings Elliott Cox (spent last season with Hastings United) and sixteen year old George Whitelock who was with Essex Senior League Clapton last season. Good things are expected of him.

METROPOLITAN POLICE won 1-6 at Spartan South Midlands Premier Division side Hillingdon Borough. Their goal scorers were Charlie Collins, Dave Knight, Emanuel Osei (signed from Lesiton), Jamar Dobson (with Thurrock last season) and former Kingstonian midfielder Sam Clayton (2).

THAMESMEAD TOWN travelled down to the seaside to face Ryman Division One (South) side Hastings United. The home side won 2-1.

WEALDSTONE faced Hitchin Town at Top Field and included ex Towner Jey Siva in their starting line-up. Lewis Putman, striker signed from Oxhey Jets, played in the second half for The Stones who won 0-1. Another new signing (from Slough Town) in 24 year old midfielder Adam Martin scored the only goal of the game. The Cold End expects Martin to star for Wealdstone this season.

WINGATE AND FINCHLEY played three games with two away at Romford where they won 0-2 (Leon Smith 2) and 1-3 (Morante 2 and Hector Mackie). They also sent a side to Bushey Sports Club where they lost 2-1.

BILLERICAY TOWN, BOGNOR REGIS TOWN and BURY TOWN didn't have games yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment