Thursday 20 January 2011

MARK KIRBY TO RUN THE LONDON MARATHON

Marathon Man Mark, Liam Hope, Ben Hammond and Gio with 'Steve Newing' last year.
News has reached the cold end today that Enfield Town's very own Mark Kirby is to run the London Marathon this April 2011 to raise money for the Stroke Association who have helped Mark's Dad Mick in his recovery after suffering a major stroke last October. The following message is taken from the Facebook Group which Mark has set up to raise awareness of the event, If every ETFC fan just gave a few pounds it would help Mark to get closer to his target! -

Hey thanks for taking time out to look at my group, it means alot just to read about my story.

As some of you might already know back in October my dad (Mick) had a major stroke and is now on the road to recovery, the messages of support have been brilliant and I would like to thank everyone who has been there for my family and I.


So I had the mad idea to run the London Marathon. I applied, but like many got rejected at my first attempt. That didn't deter me and I applied about a month later and my application was successful. I'm running the marathon for the stroke association (which I might ad have been great in my dads recovery, hence the reason I'm running the marathon for this charity).

The big day is the 20th April 2011, which if my maths is correct is just over 3 months away. I'm looking to do as much fundraising as possible and which brings me to asking for all your money, joking aside my target is £3000 and i would love it if i can smash this target and really give something back to the charity that has helped my Dad. I'm literally after any amount of money that you can spare, every single penny counts and it really is for a good cause. It would mean the world to me if you could donate for the cause and if you know me, you know running for the bus is a tough task, let alone a marathon.

I'm currently in training and pretty much running every night, so if your around North West london after 6pm every evening then you can come and join me and whip me into shape, or just come and take the mickey out of me running along singing to my ipod.

You can donate 2 ways, either by seeing me out and about, and would like to give the cash to me to put into the account or the easiest way to donate is to go to my just giving website, its a safe and easy way to donate. Go to this pagewww.justgiving.com/Markkirby10 and follow the instructions to donate. Any amount is still getting me closer to my target.I'll stop rabbiting on now, so please feel free to message me if you would like to ask anything or just to wish me good luck.

Thanks for taking out the time to read my story and i'll thank everyone personally if you could spare any money you can.

Thanks again

Mark Kirby xx

No comments:

Post a Comment